The Day Haven provides the homeless and very poor with a safe place to be during the day. As a day shelter, the Day Haven offers a living-room like space in which people may play games, read books, or watch television. Furnished with comfortable chairs and couches, this room provides people with a cool space in the summer and a warm space in the winter to get out of the elements. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the Day Haven.
- Computers: three computers are available to search for jobs and housing. Each benefits from DSL hook-up and access to printers.
- Showers: 4 showers are available for men, women and families. Guests are provided towels, washcloths, soap and shampoo as needed.
- Laundry: three stacking, high-capacity washers and dryers are available for use from the time we open with the last load going in two hours before we close. Laundry detergent is provided as needed.
- Storage: 70 plastic bins are available for use by guests to store important papers, clothing, etc. Bins are kept in a separate, locked area accessible by volunteers and staff only.
- Mailing address: Guests are permitted use of our mailing address to receive mail.
- Phone: a phone is available for use by Day Haven guests as needed.